Clip is an innovative, extremely modern financial startup pushing the boundaries of cash management logistics and technology. As part of our core IT group, you'll have an early-stage opportunity to develop highly disruptive products and solutions that will transform how businesses interact with their banks. A Backend Engineer at Clip will build and maintain services and solutions to support an existing AWS Lambda / AWS API Gateway / MySQL serverless system designed to process financial transactions.
The Backend Engineer's requirements and responsibilities include the following:
- Maintain and extend existing GO language endpoints to support user facing products including mobile and web / desktop applications.
- Support other engineers with Object Modeling, API development, RESTful services, and MySQL database development as needed.
- Create and maintain integrations with third-party financial services including Plaid, Stripe, and others.
- Closely follow current and anticipated development of mobile and web applications to support new features with required API endpoints.
- Collaborate with front-end developers to shift logic to the backend where possible.
- Document and test API endpoints, help front-end developers troubleshoot and use APIs efficiently.
- Collaborate with Business Units to align technology to business needs.
- Participate in Agile / Scrum initiatives as needed.
- Stay abreast of new and emerging technologies.
- Experience in AWS Cognito, Lambda, and other AWS services.
- Experience in MySQL including performant queries.
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of backend development
- Proficiency and prior experience in GO and MySQL
- Highly competitive salary
- Potential equity opportunities
- Paid vacation
- Flexible schedules